Located in the heart of the west end of London, Marylebone is a chic and luxurious residential area in the city. Dotted with charming streets and green vast spaces that you would only expect in the countryside.
If you’re actually looking for a new place to move in, visiting the area of Marylebone should be a top priority in your list. Here are 10 reasons why we believe that Marylebone is one of the best London areas to live in.
1. Connectivity Commuting from Marylebone to almost anywhere is possible thanks to the nearby tube stations that include Baker Street (Bakerloo, Jubilee, Hammersmith, District and Circle lines), Great Portland Street (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan lines), Regent’s Park (Bakerloo line), Bond Street (Central and Jubilee lines) and Oxford Circus (Bakerloo, Central, Victoria lines).
2. Spot of some of the best restaurants. This elegant London neighbourhood is home of five Michelin-starred restaurants! Plus, there are plenty of trendy places that, no matter what time of the day it is, you will always find that perfect place to eat or drink some fancy cocktails.
3. Trendy cocktail bars and some of the best coffee shops. Fancy a cocktail and coffee too? Marylebone caters perfectly to both! You will find Seymour’s Parlour to enjoy a chic cocktail or Monocle Café to savour delicious coffee. If you’re more into a fancier option, enjoy both classical music and coffee at Wigmore Hall.
4. Shopping. Selfridges, Cox and Power and Kjs Laundry, are just a few of the high-end retailers that you will find in one of its numerous shopping streets, Marylebone High Street.
5. Attractive vibe. The touch of green given by the royal parks and green spaces surrounding Marylebone, is definitely one of the reasons why this area possesses such a unique vibe. It is adorned by parks including Primrose Hill, Hyde Park, St, James’s Park, and Regent’s Park.
6. Great schools. Former pupils that have attended schools in Marylebone include Prince William and Prince Harry. Enough said, right?
7. Marylebone Summer Fair. Marylebone Summer Fair is a charity and family-friendly street festival that takes place every year in the chic neighborhood. Music, food, a nice vibe and ambient are all present! So whether you’re a music lover or foodie, you will definitely want to experience it.
8. Home to celebrities. All time stars including John Lennon, Madonna, Ringo Starr, Jimmi Hendrix, and Charles Dickens have all lived in Marylebone. Actually, many of them have produced some of their most popular projects and works during their stay in the area.
9. Things to do in Marylebone. Besides offering many of the best restaurants and cocktail bars of the city, it is also full of fun things to do. In Marylebone you will find places like the ZSL London Zoo, Sherlock Holmes Museum, Madame Tussauds, and Farmer’s Market.
10. Stunning architecture. This enchanting area offers different but elegant architecture styles that go from Art Deco and modern to Edwardian and Victorian. You will surely find a style that perfectly meets your high and classy standards.